Just another free Blogger theme

Friday 21 March 2014

Long Distance Story Of Summer 2009
It was the year 2007 when I first entered high school. That was when I met Kimberly. Kimberly was a girl who grew up in Venezuela and wanted to receive her education here in New York. I only knew her for three months, and then it was time for her to go back to Venezuela, a country where she belongs. I was dating who I thought was a sweet guy, until he broke my heart and threatened to slap me. I eventually got over him and moved on. 


One year later, Kimberly and I still kept in touch, that was when she introduced her cousin to me, he was a very sweet guy who was suffering from a breakup of his first relationship, I felt bad for him, and so I started to chat with him once in a while to help him get through this period of time. It was so easy to talk to him; it was as if we were best friends for years. However, I had never seen him in person, and then comes summer of 2009. 

Summer 2009, as soon as he landed in Newark Airport in New Jersey, I called him and we would talk on the phone for hours, and that was how it went every day until he finally came to New York. He promised he would call me as soon as he got to New York, so I waited around for that phone call on that day. It was 2:00 PM when he finally got to Brooklyn, New York. As soon as he arrived, we made plans to meet each other; meeting someone I never expected to see in my life. 4:00 PM, I sat on the train, wondering how will I be able to find him when I had never met him in my life? We continued texting each other as there were delays on the train, and when I finally arrived at the train station at 5:00 PM, there was nothing to worry about; he was the only one sitting on the bench of the train station, waiting for me to arrive. 

For the next few days, we continued to see each other; we hung out with his cousin, Kimberly. It was nothing special, just a typical hang out day with friends. After seeing how nice he is to his cousin, how caring he is, I began to fall in love with him. But how stupid could I get? We were only high school students, he is 2000 miles away from me, and he is leaving to Venezuela in just a month, and wouldn't be back until summer of 2010. I had no choice. After talking to each other for a few months, and seeing each other for two weeks, we started this long distance relationship. The times that I spent with him I will never forget. He knows exactly how I feel, he knows me so well that he could finish off my sentence. We would meet every day and he would cook for me, he introduced me to his family. 

Time flies when you're having fun, not long after our one month, it was time for him to go back to Venezuela, he was going to be a senior in high school, and he promised he would come back to me as soon as the next summer starts, and he would study in a university in New York starting freshmen year of college. So, there was one year of waiting and he would be back. We are high school students, I am a junior and he's a senior in high school. We all know how high school years are like, loves come and go, there must be a lot of pain, and I began to have doubts, how would I be able to see him again when he's going to have so much fun in senior year, he would forget about me, and everyone disagrees with this relationship. It was too late, I had fallen too deep into this relationship, and I rather give it a try and fail, than to regret later on. I kissed him for the last time at the train station, I cried on his shoulder while he holds me tight that was the worst thing I ever had to face. I turn around, run on to the train, unwilling to turn around, because I know as soon as I do so, I would be falling apart. 

We continued talking after he got back to Venezuela, we would tell each other everything, no matter if it's good or bad. Then there was a period of time when he had to concentrate on his SAT in order for him to get into NYU, so we would go on without talking to each other for few days at a time, only talking on weekends. The distance is hard, not being able to talk to him makes it even harder, but we would often write on Xanga, telling each other things that we want to say, we got through that SAT time also. It is nine months into our relationship and we are still going strong, we've had our arguments, we had doubts, but we wanted to keep going, because there's nothing worse than not having each other. He got into a university in New York and would be staying here from now on, not going back to Venezuela again. All we are waiting for now is for him to finish his senior year and graduate. 

We were one month together and more than ten months apart. In just one month, I would be standing at the train station, waiting for him to arrive once again. 


Read More About Us At  Knowledge & Life


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment